Scrum Essentials Class — Brentwood
- Homewood Suites - Brentwood, TN
- 5107 Peter Taylor Park Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027
- Monday, April 14, 2014 8:30 am
- Monday, April 14, 2014 4:30 pm
- 1 Day
- 20 Seats Available
This class is an in-depth one day immersion into the world of Scrum. It is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning more about the benefits of Scrum. Scrum Essentials is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This course will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Who Should Attend?
- Software Architects
- Software Developers
- Software Development Managers
- Systems Analysts
Class Learning Objectives
- Learn about the advantages Scrum can brings to your team
- Learn how to re-engage your customers by rebuilding trust and putting them in the driver's seat
- Learn to embrace continuous planning throughout project lifecycle and gathering real-time requirements
- Learn how to apply techniques such as swarming to more effectively get work done
- Learn how to work as a self organizing/ self management team
- Learn how to align your team around rapid fire issue/risk discovery
- Learn how to identify ineffective ways of working and practice continuous improvement
- Increase customer satisfaction and time to market delivery
- Properly align your development efforts around delivering the highest business value features first
- Gain organizational trust and improve your teams reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery by setting them up for frequent successes
- Experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in an empowering management style
- Focus your efforts on the highest value tasks that will have an immediate impact on your success
- Improve communications, through transparency and "pull" versus "push" systems
- Achieve greater flexibility and value to your organization by adding another tool to your toolbox
- Thorough understanding about Agile and Scrum
- A new outlook on the way you manage teams
- A framework for understanding whether Agile and Scrum is right for your organization
- The knowledge necessary for incorporating Scrum practices into your working environment
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum:
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc…
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification
What others are saying:
- Honestly, this was the best organized and well planned training class I have ever attended. The teaching techniques and styles varied, therefore, kept my interest and attention. Awesome job! Very creative! — Chris
- I really enjoyed this class. It was both informative an interactive. It had many well-organized simulations, which really helped in the learning process. This was the first class I've ever taken where I didn't nod off at times!! — George
- Braintrust did an amazing job keeping the class entertaining and incorporated real life issues a product owner could face with Scrum. I had a great time and excited to share what I've learned with my team. — Rachel
John Miller, CSP, PMP
John Miller, CSP, PMP is an IT professional with over 15 years of industry experience. John holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from The New Jersey City University. He is a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) from the Scrum Alliance, a Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute (PMI), ITIL Foundations Certified, State Government Certified Project Manager from the Government Information Technology Agency (GITA), and a Certified Support Center Director from the Help Desk Institute.
John is an Agile Trainer and Coach with The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management services for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals.
With a background in project management and IT Operations Management, John has spent much of his career managing and leading teams for companies like Register.com, Imbot.com, and local government organizations such as the Baltimore City Police Department and school districts. John has founded and grown several community groups such as West Phoenix Scrum Users Group and Agile Schools.
John has 10 years experience in the education and training industry, He has worked with numerous organizations to support their training and coaching needs, whether they are for ongoing training or support during new project initiatives.
John is a frequent presenter at technology conferences and was a speaker at Scrum Alliance Global Gathering - Atlanta. He enjoys sharing his love of project management, agile framework, and IT operations management with The Braintrust Consulting Groups’ clients.
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.