CSD Track Two Class — Brentwood
- Homewood Suites - Brentwood, TN
- 5107 Peter Taylor Park Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027
- Monday, August 25, 2014 8:30 am
- Friday, August 29, 2014 4:30 pm
- 5 Days
- 16 Seats Available
CSD Track Two Overview
A Certified Scrum Developer is someone who has demonstrated through a combination of formal training and a technical skills assessment that he or she has a working understanding of Scrum principles and has learned specialized Agile engineering skills. The Scrum Alliance requires at least five days of formal training followed by a CSD assessment/evaluation. To make it easy for you, The Braintrust Consulting Group has bundled a series of our classes into a complete track. CSD Track two bundles our Scrum Essentials class, our Agile Engineering class, and our Test Driven Development class. At the conclusion of the five days, you will have a thorough understanding of Scrum Development and you will meet all requirements to earn your Scrum Developer (CSD) Certification. CSD Track Two is intended for professional software developers who are on a Scrum team and want to understand how Scrum and agile engineering practices are applied and how they affect their role in the team. It's ideal for candidates who already have their Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification or developers who are interested in move advanced Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques.
CSD Track Two Classes
Scrum Essentials — 1 day
This class is an in-depth one day immersion into the world of Scrum. It is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning more about the benefits of Scrum. Scrum Essentials is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This course will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Agile Engineering Practices — 3 days
This class is aimed at helping software development professionals and teams be more effective when implementing Scrum and other Agile software development methodologies. In an effort to raise the effectiveness of Scrum, the Scrum Alliance has created the CSD program. This class is designed to deliver the core Agile Development Practices Learning Objectives of that program and should prepare the participant to successfully pass the Scrum Alliance CSD Candidate Assessment.
Test Driven Development (TDD) — 1 day
This class is an in-depth one-day immersion into the world of Test Driven Development (TDD). Attendees learn practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately in their work. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of TDD firsthand as you learn to integrate new functionality into a working system, and understand the impact of change in a TDD environment.
Who Should Attend?
- Software Architects
- Software Developers
- Software Development Managers
- Systems Analysts
- Participants must have knowledge of the .Net Framework and experience developing in C# or VB.Net with Microsoft Visual Studio and a fundamental understanding of practical Object Oriented Programming practices.
Class Learning Objectives
- Learn about the advantages Scrum can brings to your team
- Learn how to re-engage your customers by rebuilding trust and putting them in the driver's seat
- Learn to embrace continuous planning throughout project lifecycle and gathering real-time requirements
- Learn how to apply techniques such as swarming to more effectively get work done
- Learn how to work as a self organizing/ self management team
- Learn how to align your team around rapid fire issue/risk discovery
- Learn how to identify ineffective ways of working and practice continuous improvement
Agile Engineering Practices
- Learn your role on a Scrum team so that the team is successful in meeting sprint and release goals
- Learn how to understand user stories so that you can deliver the right functionality
- Learn how to write effective unit tests so that you will know when the code is done
- Learn how to quickly and accurately break down requirements so that the work of delivering business value can be planned effectively
- Learn how to write high quality code and be able to evaluate code quality so that the project is not slowed down in the future by poor quality code (aka technical debt)
- Learn how to work collaboratively and efficiently with the other members of your Scrum team so that the sprint goal is achieved
- Learn how to write small tests then write the code to pass the tests and clean up the code so that you can work quickly and efficiently
- Learn how to create software components that are maintainable and efficient so that the product will have a long life and adapt to new requirements easily
- Learn how to have a common language to use when discussing application design with other developers so that you can quickly and accurately describe the system design
- Learn to clean up your new code safely so that the new code is flexible and easy to understand
- Learn to use automatic tools to refactor so that you can concentrate on delivering the needed functionality
- Learn to verify that your code works in the system and does not break the system as often as possible so that issues are discovered quickly and the project is almost always in a state that can be demonstrated
- Learn to use a build system that automatically builds the system and runs all automated tests so that integrating often is as easy as possible
Test Driven Development
- Learn how to list and explain software-testing concepts.
- Learn how to set up a testing environment, so that you can implement Test Driven Development
- Learn to list and explain the core principles of Test Driven Development
- Learn to write some code in a test first fashion, so you can experience the "TDD Flow"
- Learn to incrementally implement a module, so you can see how TDD can drive software design
- Learn to integrate new functionality into a working system, so you can understand the impact of change in a TDD environment
- Learn to write code using object oriented concepts, so you can understand how TDD encourages modularized coding practices
- Learn to use dependency injection and mocking, so you can understand the importance of module isolation within TDD
- Learn to implement common application patterns using TDD, so you can get a feel for writing real-world applications through a test driven approach
CSD Track Two Benefits
- You will learn while not being bored and having fun
- You will retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- You will be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- You will maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- You will increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- You will learn how to increase customer satisfaction and time to market delivery
- You will learn how to properly align your development efforts around delivering the highest business value features first
- You will learn how to gain organizational trust and improve your team's reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery by setting them up for frequent successes
- You will learn how to experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in management style
- You will learn to focus your personnel efforts on the highest value tasks that will have an immediate impact on your teams level of success
- You will improve your communications, through transparency and "pull" versus "push" systems.
- You will learn to achieve greater flexibility and add value to your organization
- You will develop the correct technique for continuously integrating your newly developed code into your existing code base
- You will know how to apply Agile and Scrum principles and best practices to form the best mix for your team's success
- You will learn the different approach to agile architecture and design that supports a more incremental and emergent project
- You will transform your development processes to reflect the most efficient approach given your organization's constraints
- You will learn how to adopt Agile practices effectively within the context of your existing software development framework
- You will learn to utilize refactoring to ensure a longer lifespan of your software
- You will discover how continuous, incremental improvement will allow your team to continue growing long after the conclusion of the class
- You will learn to reduce overall cost of development
- You will learn increased efficiency in regression and integration testing
- You will learn to minimize time spent debugging
- You will learn greater developer accuracy
- You will learn a new way of thinking when designing and developing applications
- You will gain the ability to incorporate Test Driven Development in your development environment
- You will acquire the knowledge needed to understand the development problem you are solving before writing the solution
- 35 PDUs
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumb drive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc.
- One Year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Completion of all requirements for the Scrum Alliance CSD Candidate Assessment.
What others are saying:
- Honestly, this was the best organized and well planned training class I have ever attended. The teaching techniques and styles varied, therefore, kept my interest and attention. Awesome job! Very creative! — Chris
- I really enjoyed this class. It was both informative an interactive. It had many well-organized simulations, which really helped in the learning process. This was the first class I've ever taken where I didn't nod off at times!! — George
- Braintrust did an amazing job keeping the class entertaining and incorporated real life issues a product owner could face with Scrum. I had a great time and excited to share what I've learned with my team. — Rachel
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.