Agile Engineering Class — Atlanta
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta – Galleria
- 2733 Circle 75 Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Friday, September 19, 2014
- 3 Days
- 12 Seats Available
This class is aimed at helping software development professionals and teams be more effective when implementing Scrum and other Agile software development methodologies. In an effort to raise the effectiveness of Scrum, the Scrum Alliance has created the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) program. This class is designed to deliver the core Agile Development Practices Learning Objectives of that program and should prepare the participant to successfully pass the Scrum Alliance CSD Candidate Assessment.
Who Should Attend?
- Software Developers
- Software Development Managers
- Software Architects
- A fundamental understanding of practical Object Oriented Programming practices
- A laptop with a working development environment that you can bring to class with you
- Prior class completion of either:
- Scrum Essentials (1 day class)
- Certified ScrumMaster (2 day class)
Class Learning Objectives
As a Agile Engineering class participant, I want to…
- Learn my role on a Scrum team.
- Learn to clearly understand user stories.
- Learn to write effective unit tests.
- Learn to quickly and accurately break down work requirements.
- Learn to write high quality code and be able to evaluate code quality.
- Learn to work collaboratively and efficiently with the other members of my Scrum team.
- Learn to write small tests then write the code to pass the tests and clean up the code.
- Learn to create software components that are maintainable and efficient.
- Learn common language to use when discussing application design with other developers.
- Learn to clean up my new code safely.
- Learn to use automatic tools to refactor.
- Learn to verify that my code works in the system and does not break the system as often as possible.
- Learn to use a build system that automatically builds the system and runs all automated tests so that integrating often is as easy as possible.
- You will learn while not being bored and having fun
- You will retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- You will be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- You will maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- You will increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- You will learn how to increase customer satisfaction and time to market delivery
- You will learn how to properly align your development efforts around delivering the highest business value features first
- You will learn how to gain organizational trust and improve your team’s reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery by setting them up for frequent successes
- You will learn how to experience higher team morale and productivity with a fundamental shift in management style
- You will learn to focus your personnel efforts on the highest value tasks that will have an immediate impact on your teams level of success
- You will improve your communications, through transparency and “pull” versus “push” systems.
- You will learn to achieve greater flexibility and add value to your organization
- You will develop the correct technique for continuously integrating your newly developed code into your existing code base
- You will know how to apply Agile and Scrum principles and best practices to form the best mix for your team’s success
- You will learn the different approach to agile architecture and design that supports a more incremental and emergent project
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc.
- 21 PDUs
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification
What others are saying:
- Honestly, this was the best organized and well planned training class I have ever attended. The teaching techniques and styles varied, therefore, kept my interest and attention. Awesome job! Very creative! — Chris
- I really enjoyed this class. It was both informative an interactive. It had many well-organized simulations, which really helped in the learning process. This was the first class I've ever taken where I didn't nod off at times!! — George
- Braintrust did an amazing job keeping the class entertaining and incorporated real life issues a product owner could face with Scrum. I had a great time and excited to share what I've learned with my team. — Rachel
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
Privacy Notice: We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.